- If you are upgrading from the below 4.2" radio you must purchase the 4.2" - 8.4" upgrade option to receive the bezel and necessary parts to complete the upgrade.
- The 8.4" - 8.4" option DOES NOT INCLUDE the necessary parts to upgrade from the smaller 4.2" radio.
Click Here To Purchase 4.2" - 8.4" Navigation Upgrade
- Our reconditioned factory OEM radios feature a 90-day guarantee and a hassle-free return policy. Extended warranties are also available!
- The RB5 system contains integrated Garmin® mapping which provides full coverage for: USA, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Canada.
- Supports English, French, & Spanish languages
CHOOSE RADIO MODEL
8.4" Non-Nav (RE2) to 8.4" Nav (RB5) - Purchase this model if your Dodge Journey currently has the 8.4-inch display screen and you want to upgrade to GPS Navigation. This upgrade will only require a replacement radio/CD "RB5" module. CLICK HERE for more information regarding the 8.4-inch RB5 Garmin GPS Navigation system.
4.2" to 8.4" Nav (RB5) - Purchase this model if your Dodge Journey currently has the smaller 4.2-inch display screen and you want to upgrade to the 8.4-inch Garmin GPS Navigation display screen. This upgrade will include a replacement radio/CD "RB5" module, a replacement radio bezel, an 8.4-inch screen, and a replacement climate control panel.
4.2" to 8.4" Non-Nav (RE2) - Purchase this model if your Dodge Journey currently has the smaller 4.2-inch display screen and you want to upgrade to the 8.4-inch non-navigation display screen. CLICK HERE for more information regarding the 8.4-inch RE2 system. This upgrade will include a replacement radio/CD "RE2" module, a replacement radio bezel, an 8.4-inch screen, and a replacement climate control panel.
2011-2020 Dodge Journey
- Please let us know your vehicle's year/make/model upon checkout using our Compatibility Guarantee form. What's This?
- If you do not see your vehicle listed, use our Year/Make/Model search located towards the top of your screen to find products tailored to your specific vehicle!
Installation of this product would be rated a 2 out of 5. 1 being extremely easy and 5 being extremely difficult. It is recommended prior to installing any automotive electronics that the negative battery terminal be disconnected.
Replacing Radio/CD Player Module (RB5/RE2)
Remove and replace your existing radio/CD player by simply removing your climate control panel which is only held into place only with two screws (hidden behind the thin silver trim). Once removed you will have access to the radio/CD player which is secured with an additional 4 screws. Remove and replace with the RB5/RE2 system.
Upgrading from 4.2" to 8.4" Display/Screen
Follow the same instructions as above to replace the radio/CD player module. Remove and replace your existing 4.2-inch screen by removing the radio bezel (retaining clips and 2 screws) and unscrewing the small screen (4 screws). The replacement bezel you receive and the replacement screen will fit into the same location as your factory equipment. Then simply swap the climate control panels. If you need any assistance along the way please feel free to visit our YouTube page or contact our customer support department.
THINGS TO KNOW
- If you are upgrading from the 4.2-inch system to either of our 8.4-inch systems you must have the AUTO button on your climate control panel. If you do not have the AUTO button you will need to purchase a separate programmer in order to enable the feature. See our OBD Genie C-ACC Programmer.
The RB5 system requires a GPS signal to utilize the embedded GPS navigation feature. If your vehicle is currently equipped with Sirius satellite radio then the GPS signal can be obtained from the factory installed roof mounted Sirius antenna 100% plug & play. If your vehicle is not currently equipped with Sirius satellite radio then you must purchase our standalone GPS Antenna separately (for those who don't care to subscribe to Sirius satellite radio) or purchase our Custom SiriusXM GPS Antenna Kit (for those who would like to subscribe to Sirius satellite radio). If your current radio features Sirius® Travel Link and Sirius® Traffic it will be retained with the RB5 upgrade. If you would like to add this feature to the RB5, simply purchase our OBD Genie C-STL Programmer.
The RE2 system does not require a GPS signal and Sirius satellite radio is completely optional. However, if you would like to add this feature simply purchase our Magnetic SiriusXM Antenna.
- Pre-programmed to function with your vehicle's existing steering wheel mounted audio controls.
- Pre-programmed to function with your vehicle's existing back-up rear view camera. If you would like to add a rear view back-up camera check out most popular plug & play OBD Genie Rear View Camera Bundle.
- Pre-programmed to function with your vehicle's existing UConnect® Bluetooth hands-free calling feature. Unfortunately upgrading to Bluetooth hands-free calling is no longer an option through Mopar.
* Due to frequent changes in navigation mapping & point of interest updates our GPS navigation radios may have out-of-date software.