2021 Pacifica will be the first North American vehicle to feature the all-new Uconnect 5 system.
The most technologically equipped vehicle of its kind, the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica is bringing upgrades front and center with an all-new 10.1-inch touchscreen, part of the new Uconnect 5 system that will be offered for the first time in a North American FCA vehicle.
Delivering the largest standard touchscreen in its class, the 10.1-inch touchscreen is nearly 20 percent larger than the screen it replaces and enables processing speeds up to five times faster than the previous generation.
The all-new Uconnect 5 system offers more connected services and features for unmatched ease of use for both novice and expert users alike. The suite of new system highlights includes:
- With the Uconnect skill for Alexa, customers with Alexa-enabled devices at home can easily ask Alexa to start the car, lock/unlock doors and more
- Uconnect 5 brings Amazon Alexa directly into the vehicle itself, giving occupants the freedom to interact with Alexa just as they do at home or on a personal device
- With Alexa built-in, occupants can ask Alexa to play music, podcasts and audiobooks; add items to their to-do list; check news, weather, traffic, sports and other real-time information; and access tens of thousands of Alexa skills
- Occupants have the freedom to make verbal requests just as they do at home or on a personal device
- Responses and streaming audio are delivered through the Pacifica's audio system, allowing anyone in the entire vehicle to easily interact with Alexa
- Easier to personalize to fit up to six different user profiles, including valet mode. Each user can build their own profile with feature preferences for music, comfort and vehicle operation — for instance, in-vehicle climate controls can be changed with the push of a button based on user profiles
- Ability to connect two phones simultaneously with Bluetooth capability, for users who carry multiple phones or for passenger interaction with the Uconnect 5 system along with driver
- Easy to operate with frequently used features accessed by a single touch through exclusive home screen
New connected services offerings include:
- Tom-Tom navigation with Maps Over The Air (MOTA) updates, predictive search, natural speak and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) or battery-electric vehicles (BEV) charge station locator
- SiriusXM with 360L, new for Pacifica, offers owners a more personalized listening experience — FCA is the only automaker to offer with a free 12-month trial period
- New wireless Apple CarPlay enables iPhone users to access Apple Maps, Messages, phone and Apple Music through Siri Voice control or the Uconnect touchscreen
- New wireless Android Auto enables easy and safe access to Google voice search, Google Maps and Google Play Music via the Uconnect touchscreen or steering wheel controls
New Uconnect 5 system features unique to the Pacifica include upgraded Hybrid Electric Pages and Smartphone Control 2.0. The Uconnect 5 system can provide support for up to three customer-defined charging schedules and owners can schedule any combination of dates and times for charging, as well as monitor functions, such as battery performance, driving history and charging schedules. The new FamCAM interior camera is also accessible via the new Uconnect 5 10.1-inch touchscreen.
Additional connectivity features include Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) software updates to periodically update the Uconnect 5 system for performance and quality improvements. Uconnect 5 also offers a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot.
For Pacifica owners on the go, Uconnect Market can help make reservations, find and pay for parking, order pizza for the family and more all from the new 10.1-inch touchscreen. The Uconnect smartphone app makes it easy and convenient to start the vehicle, unlock doors or send an address to the navigation system. Vehicle maintenance information is also delivered through monthly vehicle health reports, in-vehicle messages or the vehicle info tab on the Uconnect smartphone app.